Gone in 7 days

As stated in a previous post, I have in the past sold painted figures on ebay. I must point out that I don't consider myself to be a "Pro Painter" and I have no ambition to paint figures for a living. If I were to calculate an hourly rate based on how long it took me to complete these compared to how much they sold for I would be on about 25p an hour. However, the money raised selling these was used to buy additional materials and figures.
This first set is Airfix's 1/32 scale WW2 British Paratroopers.

All seven original poses and 5 unique conversions.


This next set is Esci/Italeri's 1/72 Barbarian Warriors, painted to represent an early German war band that might have typically fought against the Imperial armies of Rome.
Although I'm not a wargamer, I based these figures according to the DBA (De Bellis Antiquitatis) rule set in order to make them more attractive to wargame buyers on ebay.

As far as I can recall these were bought by a buyer in New Zealand.

I did buy a corresponding set of Roman Cavalry but never painted them, maybe one day?

These are the only sets of figures I have sold on ebay and I have no plans to sell any more, unless I need the money to pursue other projects. These are the actual photos I used to sell them on ebay.

Comments

Post a Comment